Nathan Bibeau of Lewiston, Maine said he made an unsettling discovery during his son Cayden’s 2nd birthday celebration. After the toddler blew out the candles, his Elmo-themed cake was cut and four pieces in, he found a paring knife inside the dessert. So the party was paused and Bibeau called the Auburn Walmart bakery where he purchased the cake to inform them. As reported by WGME 13, Walmart spokeswoman Kayla Whaling said, "This should not have happened. We're thankful no one was hurt and sincerely apologize to our customers for their experience. We are reaching out to the family to resolve this." Whaling also told WGME that Walmart is taking actions to prevent this from happening again and are eliminating the use of that particular knife in their bakeries across the country. Bibeau confirmed that Walmart offered him a refund and called to rectify the situation. While the father says he understands that mistakes can happen and will still shop at Walmart, he has contacted a lawyer and is considering legal action.
(check out the video)