Patriotic Bundt Cake
1 (18.25 ounce) Betty Crocker Supermoist white cake (and ingredients called for on the package)
1 cup Yoplait plain Greek yogurt 1 container Betty Crocker whipped fluffy white frosting
red, white, and blue sprinkles
Pop Rocks candy
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 12 cup bundt pan well. Prepare cake batter according box directions. Add the Greek yogurt to the batter and mix until incorporated.
- Take 1 cup of batter and place it in a small bowl. Add red food coloring to desired color. Set aside.
- Take 1 cup of batter and place it in a small bowl and color blue.
- Pour red batter in the bottom of your greased bundt pan. Pour white batter on top.
- Pour blue batter on top of white batter carefully in a ring. Do not mix batter!
- Bake according to package directions until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes then invert pan on cooling rack and cool cake.
- Once cake has cooled, prepare the frosting. Divide the frosting into 3 separate bowls. Microwave the white frosting for 5-8 seconds or until thinner. Drizzle over cake.
- Microwave another bowl of frosting and color is blue right before drizzling. Microwave the last bowl of frosting for a couple of seconds and color it red before drizzling.
- Cover with sprinkles and pop rocks for an extra explosion in your mouth!
- Recipe from Cooking with Sugar: http://www.cookingwithsugar.com/firecracker-bundt-cake-an-explosive-red-white-and-blue-dessert/
Check out our latest post: http://eventsojudith.blogspot.com/2015/06/florida-4th-of-july-events-27-free.html for a complete list of places to watch fireworks.