Good Monday afternoon friends,
I found this great recipe for a non-toxic recipe to get your oven clean on www.chachingqueen.com. This is great because first I hate the smell of those cleaners and when you're preparing your house for a dinner party, the last thing you want to deal with is the smell of chemicals in your kitchen.
So here it is:
What you will need:
- Spray bottle with a mixture of 1/3 vinegar and 2/3 water
- Coarse salt
- Baking soda
1. Remove the oven racks (you can clean these separately the same way).
2. Spray the whole oven including the inside of the door with the vinegar/water mixture. Get it pretty wet all over.
3. Sprinkle baking soda everywhere putting more on any caked on food particles.
4. Sprinkle a thick layer of course salt over the baking soda.
5. Spray again with the vinegar/water. You’ll hear a nice bubbling sound from the reaction of the vinegar and baking soda.
6. Leave it to sit overnight.
7. With the course side of sponge scrub the oven. You’ll see how easily everything comes up. This was amazing to me.
8. Spray again with vinegar/water to help remove everything.
9. Wipe with old towels or paper towels.
There you have it. You can visit her page and get lots of other goodies.