A New Year's Eve party is a great way to celebrate the end of one and the beginning of hopes that a new year brings. But for some of us with children and/or family, we're often overlook in the celebration. I can understand with the little ones, it might be difficult to enjoy yourself, but there are ways you can incorporate the entire family into the celebration and have a great time. After all the holidays are about family.
- New Year's paper lanterns, like the one pictured to the left. You can find them at your local Party City store.
- Set two tables for drinks, somewhere higher or out of the reach of younger children. But also set up a kid friendly table with juice and plastic champagne flutes that you can find at Dollar Tree. Not only they are cheaper, but also the kids will feel like they are part of the celebration.
- Finger foods are always great parties. Take a look at my last post about setting up you own DIY Cheese and Fruits Board. Kids love it and adults will enjoy as well.
- Now a New Year's Eve party doesn't necessarily have to start at 11:00 p.m., you can have an earlier get-together, which leaves your guests the option of celebrating with you, as well as may be going to another event geared towards adults only.
- Have a bubble wrap jump party. All that means is stop at your local packaging store like Staples or Office Depot and pick up bulk bubble wrap, placed them in a designated area and watch the kids have a great time jumping on them. I personally love popping, so I might sneak over there with them (hahaha) great fun AND distraction.
- Party hats, kids loves party hats, so pass them out
- Use noisemakers as your centerpieces. No need to have big special centerpieces created. But if you want to add a little extra touch to them, put your noisemakers in a big martini glass vase with plenty of 2015 confetti on the tables. You can get the martini vase at Michaels or just rent them out.
- Bite size foods are great, Mini cheeseburgers, mini loaded potatoes etc... BuzzFeed Life have a great post about different bite size foods that you can offer your guests both young and old.
- If this is a house party, pick a room and transform it into a slumber/camp out area. You can have a Disney movie set up, coloring pages with crayons, and toys (depending on the age group). This area, will also keep them occupy, as well as give them a place to go when they get tired of jumping on bubble wraps.
- A candy table is always a good idea. Have fun with it too, theme it out with 2015 confetti, little clocks cookies or snacks, and even have grab bags with printed cut-out clocks on there. Easy to do. Just print a out a small clock picture, copy, cut-out, and tape to a small bag.
- A flavored popcorn bar. "Let's get this thing popping," popcorn with plenty of flavor on hand.
- You can rent a Karaoke machine and let them sing the night away.
And there you have it, 10 great ideas to include the entire family into your New Year's Eve celebration. Hope you can use them and have fun.