DIY Superman Hero 5th Birthday Party

diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superhero cake design, eventsojudith
For my baby's 5th birthday, he wanted a Superman theme party and I wanted something very budget friendly since we're going to Disney next week, (shhhh don't tell him it's a secret). I didn't want to go a rent a park pavilion and risk not having all his little friends there and spending a ton of Disney money. So I decided along with the permission of his pre-school, to host the festivities there. The perfect venue. I was already paying $100 per week and his friends we're there and his teachers can participate, who are so great with him. I have to add this was done towards the end of the day so I wasn't interrupting any learning.

Now that venue was set, I got started on DIY as much of the party as I could. So let's go through them. I'll have little instructions here and there on how to re-create some of the looks.


First up is the invites. My idea was an article in the local Daily Planet (by the way I'm a big DC Comics, well comics in general fan so this was super fun for me too).  I needed the invitations to be cute and match the theme. I found some costly ones on Etsy but again the key objective is to keep cost down. Anyone can re-create this one. Read below pics for the simple DIY instructions.You can add as much or as little as you like to have them look just right.


Instructions: All you need is your computer and a color printer. The header I got from a google search, type in "Superman Daily Planet header" and a bunch should pop up. Copy and paste it to a plan page in Word. In Word click on the "insert" tab and add a "Text Box" it should be on the top right side. Once you add a box you can type anywhere or anything in there. You can also add picture boxes like I did. By the way that picture was from Halloween couple of years back. But add any picture that you want. I actually wrote a little article to go along with little details about the party and for the RSVP line, "Don't Miss School That Day." Go ahead and save this picture on your phone where you can zoom in closer for the article's wording.

Next was the centerpiece. In this case I did one for the party/cake table. I kept it simple. The centerpiece also doubled up as a lollipop candy holder. Printed some cute superhero bubble bursts to help create this look. BAM! It was a hit.

DIY superman centerpiece

The most work had to be the cityscape background. My idea kept changing from doing it black and white to painting the sky to paint to tape. By most work was just the fact I kept changing how I wanted to look. I google the image and basically drew some building lines on a board. I used a tri-fold board I outline my city and painted using acrylic paint and black marker to even out the lines. It helps if you use a ruler with the marker. This part you should really start weeks before the party because you need to give your paint time to dry. The hardest part was doing the windows. First I tried paint, which didn't work out so well. I ended up settling for yellow tape from Michaels. You'll see the finish product later.

Keep reading.
 
diy superhero cityscape, diy backdrop

The goodies bags I brought. They were too cute not to. Each goodies bag were pre-filled with a 5x7 coloring page, that I again printed online, 2 crayons, tattoo stickers, erasers, and a little toy. The napkins (from Dollar Tree) were folded with a napkin paper ring, which I got the printable from Etsy. It was easier for me to get them that way because in the set came bottle water labels. I use a glue stick from his crayon box to hold together. Slipped each napkin through and POW!

superhero gift bags and napkins, eventsojudith
The setting. I just happen to have these super student mask, which went perfect with the theme. Each guest received one in their goodies bag. 
diy superhero party, superhero mask, eventsojudith 
I'll stop talking now and let you enjoy the rest of the pictures. DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!! Here is the finish party look. Did I mentioned I had so much fun doing this. POP! Enjoy.
diy superhero centerpiece with cityscape backdrop, eventsojudith

diy superhero party, superhero mason jars, eventsojudith
diy superhero mason jars, superhero party decorations, eventsojudith

diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, eventsojudith

My niece and nephew to the side of the birthday boy. And aside from Ms. Felicia, Samuels and Myles mommy (that's how we're referred to once you have kids) were there to help. Thank goodness, 20 screaming kids demanding things was a lot for me.


Enjoying a bit of his cake. You'll see the cake later. Keep scrolling.
diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, kriptonite juice eventsojudith
Green apple and berry juice a.k.a. Kryptonite Juice and of course the crystals.
diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, kriptonite crytals, eventsojudithdiy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, eventsojudith
Each food was labeled with a super power label. The teachers love those. Teachers from other classrooms would occasionally stopped by the superman party with compliments and to wish the big boy happy birthday. There were also pepperoni pizza, which I found out NOT every kid likes pepperoni. Who would have thought? My son and I loveee pepperoni. And another kid didn't eat any pork bi-product. So an advice to you parents out there, have a variety of food for your guests, even the little ones.
diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, eventsojudith
Salad and fruits super foods.

diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, eventsojudith

Homemade sandwiches. I kept it simple with ham, turkey an cheese. Condiments to the side. MEMORY BITES!
 
Check out the setting, that was the guests doing. Little party planners in the making. Each guest received a superhero training certificate. Check out the signees.
diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superhero certificate, superhero gift ideaeventsojudith 
He takes his duties seriously.
diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, eventsojudith


diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, eventsojudith

diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superhero cake design, eventsojudith

diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superhero cake design, eventsojudith

diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superhero cake design, eventsojudith 

The cake! A big hit with everyone. My cake girl did an amazing job. The holes are from the candles that the birthday boy made his wish from. (just in case you were wondering).

diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superhero cake design, eventsojudith

superman cake idea, superhero cake design, eventsojudith
diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superman cake design, eventsojudith

diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superhero cake design, eventsojudith


diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superhero cake design, eventsojudith

diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superhero cake design, eventsojudith



diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superhero cake design, eventsojudith


diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superhero cake design, eventsojudith


diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superhero cake design, eventsojudith


diy superhero table food ideas, superhero party decorations, superhero cake design, eventsojudith

And there you have it folks. I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed this party. Like I always say the little details makes a big difference at times. He loved every minute of it and so did everyone. I was exhausted by the end of the day, but if I had to do it again, guess what? I would be right there cutting bubble burst. KABOOM!

Don't forget to follow this blog for more great ideas and party inspirations. Use the RSS feeds to follow or signed up the right side bar.

Thank you for coming along with me on this blogging journey!

xo Judith

SHARE ON:Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment




Popular Posts

HEY THERE


Welcome! First thank you for taking the time to stop by my little corner of this world. This page is dedicated to DIYers, the hostess, the Budget Brides, offbeat brides, mommys, and everyone who loves to entertain their family and friends. You can expect to find great articles from industry professionals, as well as my own designs and stories. If you have a question or even a suggestion, do not hesitate to email me. I love hearing from my followers. Don't forget to share this blog around.

Viewers

Search This Blog

Join our blog VIP List to receive our FREE tips, party ideas, recipes & more in your inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LET'S GET SOCIAL



Featured!

CAST YOUR VOTE!

Indoors OR Outdoors Wedding Reception?
Email:
Indoors
Outdoors
Either Way
Do Quizzes

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Follow me on Instagram

EventSoJudith. Powered by Blogger.

Ads

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Featured Post

Top 10 Questions To Ask Your Wedding Planner

As we move into late spring into the even warmer months of summer, some of you are planning those summer and fall weddings. If you are co...

Google+ Followers

Advertise with us | Community Corner

Advertise with us | Community Corner
Email: eventsojudith@gmail.com

DESIGN HIGHLIGHTS

DESIGN HIGHLIGHTS
Share Your Key to Success!

Blog Archive

INSTAGRAM

Follow by Email

Ad

Sharing is Caring!

Google+ Facebook Pinterest Pinterest Print Email Gmail Outlook Google Flipboard Favorites Twitter LinkedIn Blogkeen Addthis

FEED ME!