How to Make Watermelon Look-Alike Raisin Bread


If you haven't seen this yet, well sit back and enjoy. Imagine sitting down to breakfast or have this slice on a plate at your favorite coffee shop, well I for one would love it. A bread made to look like a watermelon. I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of melons but I do love bread. So when I stumble upon this masterpiece, yes I said masterpiece because who have thought to make bread look like a fruit, I had to know more.

Here's the history as I read on Mashable, they went on quoting Metro UK, "Head baker Lee Wen-fa created the gram-worthy bread to encourage young children to eat more during the hot summer months when he says they're prone to losing their appetites. The bread's fruity hues come from matcha green tea powder, red dye and strawberries. Jimmy's Bakery also sells a yellow watermelon toast loaf that's made using tea powder and yellow dyes only. Inside the loaf, tiny pieces of edible bamboo charcoal mimic the appearance of black watermelon seeds," Genius! But before you book your flight to Taiwan, where the creation was originated, we have way too many talented chefs and bakers in the States.

Of course, I've found one. Follow me.


On my search for if there was a restaurant or little quaint cafe that sales this big trend, Watermelon Toast, I found something better. I've said it before, I'm not a great baker. Don't get me wrong, I can cook. But with baking, you have to measure, have the right amount of this, the right amount of that and that's where you lose me. Asked me to prepare a medium-well done steak with all the trimmings, I'm your girl. But I digress, so in my search I came up on a nice food blog with lots of recipes that looks all so delicious, jocooks.com.

This bread would be a great add on to a family's brunch or if you're the hostess looking to add something special to the table. This recipe I'm going to show is for a raisin bread made to look like a watermelon. It's a little different from baker, Lee Wen-Fa, but a great result all the same.

So here it is:

Watermelon Look-Alike Raisin Bread
 
  • Prep time 
  • Cook time
  • Total time
  • Serves: 10
Ingredients
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1½ tbsp butter
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • ¾ tsp salt
  • 2¼ (8 g) instant yeast
  • 1 egg
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 cup raisins
  • a few drops red food coloring
  • a few drops of green food coloring
Instructions

Warm the butter and milk together in the microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Add milk mixture to a large bow. . . See the full recipe Here, and tell her I sent you.

SHARE ON:Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment




Popular Posts

HEY THERE


Welcome! First thank you for taking the time to stop by my little corner of this world. This page is dedicated to DIYers, the hostess, the Budget Brides, offbeat brides, mommys, and everyone who loves to entertain their family and friends. You can expect to find great articles from industry professionals, as well as my own designs and stories. If you have a question or even a suggestion, do not hesitate to email me. I love hearing from my followers. Don't forget to share this blog around.

Viewers

Join our blog VIP List to receive our FREE tips, party ideas, recipes & more in your inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LET'S GET SOCIAL



Featured!

CAST YOUR VOTE!

Indoors OR Outdoors Wedding Reception?
Email:
Indoors
Outdoors
Either Way
Do Quizzes

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Follow me on Instagram

EventSoJudith. Powered by Blogger.

Ads

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Featured Post

Top 10 Questions To Ask Your Wedding Planner

As we move into late spring into the even warmer months of summer, some of you are planning those summer and fall weddings. If you are co...

Google+ Followers

Advertise with us | Community Corner

Advertise with us | Community Corner
Email: eventsojudith@gmail.com

DESIGN HIGHLIGHTS

DESIGN HIGHLIGHTS
Share Your Key to Success!

Blog Archive

INSTAGRAM

Follow by Email

Ad

Sharing is Caring!

Google+ Facebook Pinterest Pinterest Print Email Gmail Outlook Google Flipboard Favorites Twitter LinkedIn Blogkeen Addthis

FEED ME!